Saucy Vegan Lasagna
- 1 box uncooked lasagna noodles
- 10 oz tub of roasted garlic hummus
- 2- 14 oz packages of sprouted tofu
- 2 large cans of tomato puree, or 2 (32oz) jars of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup, if you love sweet sauce add another tablespoon
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 broccoli crown
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 zucchinis chopped
- 2 cups kale
- Sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Brussel sprouts (optional)
- 1 cup dry lentils (optional, but makes it “meatier”, add 1 cup water to sauce if you add lentils)
- 2 Bell peppers, green, red, yellow, and/or orange, chopped
Seasoning (1 tsp of each)
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 4 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- For the tomato sauce: use either a stovetop pot or the Instant Pot. Put the tomato puree, tomato paste, all the vegetables, maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon of oregano, and the other seasonings into the pot. For the instant pot, cook on high pressure as a “soup” for 8 minutes. Allow to decompress on its own. For the stovetop, cover and simmer for 40 minutes stirring regularly. It is okay if the sauce is very liquidy so long as it is tasty. Taste the sauce and season more if necessary.
- While the tomato sauce is cooking, mix hummus, tofu, remaining Italian seasoning, and oregano in a bowl
- In a large casserole dish, place the uncooked noodles at the bottom of the casserole dish, put the hummus/tofu mixture on top, and then pour a generous amount of your tomato sauce over both, then layer the uncooked lasagna noodles on top and repeat layers until all of the sauce is gone (usually 2 layers).
- Bake uncovered in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Serve with a salad, and more mixed vegetables.
- Enjoy! No one needs to know its vegan, shhhh.
Request a Consultation - Schedule & Contact Information.
Please complete this form to request a consultation, or make an inquiry. We will contact you as soon as possible! Or call us today at our convenient Ohio location and we will be happy to assist you.
- General Surgery
- Registered Vascular Technician
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation