Creamy Indian Vegetable Korma
For the sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and halved
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (1 inch) piece ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno- deseeded
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup water
For the Korma
- 1 T. oil (optional)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 potatoes- peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots- peeled and chopped in circles
- 1 cups frozen peas
- 1 bag chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped fresh green beans
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp. coriander
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- Place all sauce ingredients in blender (nutribullet)
- Heat oil in large sauce pan (if using oil).
- Measure out all spices
- Pour pureed sauce into hot pan, stir in the spices, and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk, potatoes, peas, carrots, cauliflower, green beans.
- Stir well, cover pan, and cook 20 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for another 10 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Serve with cooked basmati rice.
Request a Consultation - Schedule & Contact Information.
Please complete this form to request a consultation, or make an inquiry. We will contact you as soon as possible! Or call us today at our convenient Ohio location and we will be happy to assist you.
- General Surgery
- Registered Vascular Technician
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation