Southwestern Stuffed Spaghetti SquashIngredients
- 2 spaghetti squash
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 4 green onion, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinse and drained
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped, extra for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, optional
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup raw cashews, soaked for 30 minutes
- ½ lemon juiced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Slice squash in half lengthwise from stem to base. Remove seeds along with membranes and discard using a spoon, being careful not to remove the flesh.
- Place halves cut side down on a baking tray and bake for 50 minutes until flesh is tender.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle, about 30 minutes. Then remove strands by using a fork to pull on the flesh. Set aside and reserve squash bowls.
- Heat large skillet with oil or water and sauté onion until soft, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, bell pepper, green onions and cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add black beans, corn, cumin, cilantro, sea salt, and cayenne pepper, stir to combine and cook for 1 minute. Add the squash strands stirring until fully combined.
- Fill squash bowls with mixture and top with cashew cheese sauce. Garnish with chopped cilantro!
Request a Consultation - Schedule & Contact Information.
Please complete this form to request a consultation, or make an inquiry. We will contact you as soon as possible! Or call us today at our convenient Ohio location and we will be happy to assist you.
- General Surgery
- Registered Vascular Technician
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation