Mushroom and Wild Rice SoupSauté Ingredients:
- 2 cups baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- ½ a large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup raw cashews (soaked in 1 cup water for 3-4 hours)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 cup yellow or red potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, chopped
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- In Instant pot – Sauté: chopped onions, garlic, and mushrooms until mushrooms become translucent (about 5 minutes)
- Cashew cream: blend cashews, miso, nutritional yeast, and apple cider vinegar in blender until smooth (about 1 minute)
- Add the rest of your ingredients into the Instant pot (except cashew cream). Cook for 22 minutes on high pressure and let it naturally release.
- Once it’s done cooking, stir the soup and add the cashew cream. Add some extra black pepper on top. Enjoy!
Request a Consultation - Schedule & Contact Information.
Please complete this form to request a consultation, or make an inquiry. We will contact you as soon as possible! Or call us today at our convenient Ohio location and we will be happy to assist you.
- General Surgery
- Registered Vascular Technician
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation